DIGITAL LIBRARY RESOURCE INSTRUCTIONS
Need some help using our digital media services and resources? No problem! Our librarians are always happy to assist, but if you’re more of a “do-it-yourself-er,” check out the links below for useful instructional tips, articles, and videos.
- OPAC is the Online Public Access Catalog!
this is the acronym for our digital card catalog of Library materials. You browse this reference site whenever you enter keywords into the Search Catalog/ Search Databases menu displayed near the top right of your computer screen. Checking your personal account is easy! Here’s how:
1. Click the OPAC link or begin a Search on our homepage to launch OPAC. A login box will then be displayed at the top right of the screen.|
2. Now just enter your last name all lowercase as your username; and the last four numerals from your library card barcode as the password (*do not include letters at the, if any). Click Log on.
3. Once logged in, you can see if you have any books on hold, view due dates, renew items, look up accrued fines, and even retrieve your checkout history from the past year by clicking on the option tabs!
- GALE VIRTUAL REFERENCE LIBRARY
Patrons can access a wide variety of books online directly at the library. Please sign into the computer-use binder at the circulation desk. Click on the Gale Virtual Ref. Library link under the Digital Media tab. All the Library computers are already logged into the database. Use the search box to enter key words for your research interest, and you’ll have access to a range of Nonfiction and Reference eBooks, Newspapers, and Magazine articles for free. You can print, email to yourself, or download the materials to a disk.
- TALKING BOOK & BRAILLE Patrons can register with the NJ State Library’s Talking Book and Braille Center (TBBC) to borrow materials and devices that will facilitate reading. Click the link to read more, or access the application.
- 3M/BIBLIOTHECA CLOUD LIBRARY
- INSTALLING THE CLOUD LIBRARY APP ON KINDLE
- DOWNLOAD THE CLOUD LIBRARY APP
- DOWNLOADING E-BOOKS ON NOOK
- JERSEYCAT (INTER LIBRARY LOAN) If we don’t have a hard copy of a book you are interested in, we can request it from any library in NJ for free!! You can complete a request form yourself online, or ask one of our Librarians for assistance.
- NJ STATE LIBRARY LINKS